The Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians Inc. is an Australian based, non-profit organisation dedicated to the study of all aspects of World War One aviation. Founded in 1962, we are the oldest Society of this type in the world. Membership to the Society is by application.
You can find more out more about the Society and how to join via our About Us page in the top menu..
If you are interested in joining the society, full details can be found at the Society Shop tab in the menu above or you can download and mail in an Membership Application form, accompanied with a cheque (Australian residents only) or international money order made out in Australian Dollars only.
The Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians Inc., is honoured to have Air Chief Marshal Mark Binskin, AC, as our Patron. Air Chief Marshal Binskin is currently serving as Chief of the Defence Force
Society meetings are held in February, May, August and November, on the third Saturday of the month commencing at 13.30hrs (1.30PM). Dates and locations of our future meetings can be found here.
Members receive the following benefits as part of their membership;
- Quarterly Raffle
- Society Newsletter 4 times per year delivered in electronic format.
- The '14-'18 Journal twice a year.
- Free electronic access to our entire back catalogue of the '14-'18 Journal.
- Access to the Society's Library.
- Free access to our Image Library
- Free access to our Audio Library, which contains many first hand interviews with Great War airmen.
- And access to our members via the quarterly meetings and our Members Directory.
Australian Airmen of the Great War 1914-1918 Database
The Australian Airmen of the Great War 1914-1918 database consists of over 5600 Australians that served with the air forces of WW1.